ATU 122F Wait till I am Fat Enough


At this site:
Steel. The Lambikin
(more to come I hope!)

122F. Wait till I am Fat Enough. A captured animal (hog, sheep, dog) persuades his captor (wolf) to wait until he is fat enough to eat. Thus he escapes.

** Notice that this tale type has nothing to do with the chain motif. That makes the bibliography here less useful for finding additional stories like Steel's Lambikin where the captured animal escapes from a series of captors, then eludes that series of captors, until finally falling victim to the first/last in the series.

K553. Wait till I get fat:
Knight 96; OConnor 7 and 10; Lepcha-Stocks 371.15; Nath 1-12; Balochi: Dames Folklore 3.522; Malto Archer MiI 24.215; Bastar: Elwin Mahakoshal 411; Mandla: Elwin Mahakoshal 412

additional information:
Ashliman: Eat Me When I'm Fatter

No comments: